USA National Parks
We visited 14 on our road trip, but plan to visit many more in future. It will take years trying to visit all 62 but it’s a challenge we have undertaken.
Consider buying an America the Beautiful annual pass if you plan to visit more than a few USA national parks in the next year.
- Utah is a hub for National Parks with the Mighty 5 of Capitol Reef, Zion Bryce Canyon, and Arches Canyonlands.
- Badlands in South Dakota is isolated but well worth a visit.
- Joshua Tree is an easy and fun day trip from Los Angeles and San Diego.
- Death Valley is a superb National Park and easy to visit in one day from Las Vegas.
- One of the most photogenic National Parks is Grand Teton.
Hiking and wildlife spotting, plus camping and mountain biking are very popular at National Parks.