Looking for amazing US road trip itineraries? We have you covered!
The United States is filled with beautiful scenic drives making it the perfect destination for hitting the open road with your loved ones.
Having driven our SUV across the United States multiple times, we have a learned a thing or two about how to successfully plan, pack and implement a road trip. It pays to start your research early and plan ahead.
Do you know where you want to go?
Here are some very popular road trip options:
- Stunning Fall Foliage in New England
- Underrated South Dakota Black Hills
- Scenic Drives in Utah
- California’s Epic Highway 1
- Salt Lake City to Yellowstone
- Mount Rushmore To Yellowstone
Need Help Planning For Your Trip?
But do you know what else there is to do and see in that specific area?
Let us do the work for you and help you plan every step of your road trip.
Need Help Packing For Your Trip?
Packing for a road trip can be the most difficult part of the trip, but it doesn’t have to be.
Less is more when it comes to packing. You don’t want to be driving with a car stuffed to the brim. It will get old fast.
Our ultimate road trip packing list will cover:
- The top 10 essentials
- Checklist for your car
- Best road trip apps
- Travel backpack or suitcase
- What clothes to pack and road trip outfit ideas
- Camping essentials
- Food checklist
- Items to bring for comfort
This packing list has been tried and tested. It also comes with a downloadable checklist in PDF form so you can check off each item individually as you pack for your trip!
What About An Itinerary?
Our popular Guidebooks feature multiple itineraries for both hikers and non-hikers.
With our Guidebook Itineraries you will have access to helpful tips including where to eat, where to sleep, what to do and so much more.
Whatever your plans, our detailed guides will help you pack for your adventure efficiently and with all the knowledge you will ever need.
Popular Road Trip Ideas
Resources For Your Trip
We have put together a list of the best apps and resources we use everyday. These resources will help you save money, time and of course help you experience the very best of the United States.
- National Park Pass – If you plan to visit many National Parks or National Monuments during your trip, we recommend you buy an America The Beautiful Interagency Pass. For only $80, your entrance fees are covered for an entire year.
- Booking.com – We love booking because it helps us find hotels anywhere in America. Even hotels in those tiny rural towns that seem to be in middle of nowhere. Booking always offers the best deals compared to any other hotel platform.
- Gaia GPS – If you plan to do some hiking when traveling around the US, look no farther than Gaia GPS. With this app you can download offline maps so you will know exactly where you are at all times on the trail.
- Rental Cars – Planning on renting a car or vehicle? We always recommend rentals cars to find the best prices because it compares the biggest brand names in the industry.