Welcome to Vietnam. This is where you will find all of our Vietnam Travel Guides!
Vietnam is a country located on the eastern edge of Southeast Asia. It is bordered with mainland China, Laos and Cambodia and shares a maritime border with Thailand, the Philippines, Indonesia as well as Malaysia.
Capital City: Hanoi
Population: About 98 million
Time Zone: Indochina Time (with no daylight savings)
Vietnam Travel Highlights
The most popular travel destinations in Vietnam showcase mountains, rice terraces, limestone karsts and enormous caves which continue to attract tourists year after year.
For a country with much to offer backpackers and holiday makers, Vietnam is also incredibly affordable and many choose to travel long term here.
National Parks In Vietnam:
There is certainly no shortage of National Parks in Vietnam as this country contains over 30 National Parks officially recognized by the Government of Vietnam through decrees.
Below are some of the most popular National Parks in Vietnam including what makes each park special:
- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park (caves)
- Cuc Phuong National Park (hiking)
- Cát Bà National Park (scenery)
- Bach Ma National Park (wildlife)
- Phu Quoc National Park (beaches)
- Cat Ba National Park (jungle views)
Popular Places To Travel In Vietnam:
- Halong Bay
- Phong Nha
- Hoi An
- Ho Chi Minh City
- Da Lat
- Phu Quoc
Keep in mind this small list just scratches the surface, but you can read about more things to do in Vietnam here.
Vietnam Travel Itineraries
Before heading to Vietnam, you will need to obtain a visa. The most common type of Vietnam tourist visa is a 30 day single entry visa.
Depending on your time frame, you may use just a few or all 30 days in Vietnam. Use our two popular Northern and Central Vietnam itineraries to help you decide where to spend your time.
- 10 day Vietnam itinerary – 3 Amazing routes through Northern and Central Vietnam
- 3 week Vietnam itinerary – The perfect route through Northern and Central Vietnam
Hanoi, Vietnam Travel Guides
Hanoi is Vietnam’s hustling and bustling capital city.
This is also where one of the two major International airports are located in Vietnam so there is a good chance you may be flying into or out of Hanoi at some point.
- Things to do in Hanoi – The 25 best things to do in Hanoi including 2 day example itinerary + interactive map
- 2 days in Hanoi – Our extremely honest reasoning as to why you only need to 2 days in Vietnam’s capital city
Sapa Travel Guides
Sapa, Vietnam is a stunning area of natural beauty in the Northwest region of Vietnam near the border with China. This is a popular place for multi-day hiking as well as learning about ethnic minorities.
- Things to do in Sapa – Complete guide to visiting Sapa with 3 day itinerary
- Sapa trekking guide – How to find and book the perfect trek in the Muong Hoa Valley
Halong Bay is a UNESCO Heritage Site in northern Vietnam known for beautiful limestone karts jutting from the emerald green waters of the bay.
Junk boat tours, sea kayaking, fishing villages, scuba diving, rock climbing, cave exploration and hiking are popular activities in this stunning region.
- How to book a Halong Bay Cruise – Our popular guide to finding the best deal on a Halong Bay cruise
- How to travel from Hanoi to Halong Bay – Best transport options for Halong Bay
Ninh Binh Travel Guides
The Ninh Binh Province was one of our favorite stops in Central Vietnam. This area has been dubbed the ‘Halong Bay on land‘ and its beautiful natural scenery will take your breath away.
- Things to do in Ninh Binh – 10 things to do with a 2 day Ninh Binh itinerary
- Trang An Boat Tour – Complete guide to the Trang An boat tour in Ninh Binh
- Bich Dong Pagoda – How to visit the ancient three tiered Tam Coc Bich Dong Pagoda
- Mua Cave Viewpoint – Everything you need to know when visiting Hang Mua Peak
Hoi An Travel Guides
Hoi An is a delightful blend of Japanese, Chinese and European influences which is complimented with a favorable climate and a UNESCO Heritage Site designation. A visit to Hoi An is never forgotten.
- Things to do in Hoi An – 20 amazing things to do in Hoi An with day trip options
Phong Nha Travel Guides
Phong Nha is the premier adventure destination in Vietnam. Home to Son Doong, the world’s largest cave, here visitors can explore Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park and numerous cave systems.
- Dark Cave – Popular cave with a zip-line and over-water adventure course
- Paradise Cave – A family friendly option with a short boardwalk
- Botanic Gardens – One of the best kept secrets in Phong Nha
There are many ways to travel around Vietnam ranging from train, plane and even the famous Vietnam Sleeper Bus. But with so many options how do you choose?
We have written a few travel guides to help make your travel in Vietnam easier.
- Hai Van Pass motorbike tour – The most adventurous way to travel between Da Nang and Hoi An
- Da Nang to Hoi An transport guide – The best ways to travel between Da Nang and Hoi in central Vietnam.