Welcome to Nevada, the Silver State. This is where you will find all of our Nevada Travel Guides!
Nevada is the 7th largest state by size but the 9th least densely populated state with about three-quarters of people living in the Las Vegas-Paradise Metropolitan area.
Capital City: Carson City
Population: About 3.2 million
Time Zone: Pacific Standard Time (PST)
Nevada Travel Highlights
The Silver State is rich with history and culture. This state is known for its beautiful desert landscapes including a variety of natural wonders as well as prominent gold and silver mines.
National Parks In Nevada:
- Great Basin National Park
- Death Valley (but most of the park is in California)
Want more National Park content? Visit our US National Park Guides.
Popular Places To Travel In Nevada:
- Las Vegas
- Hoover Dam
- Lake Tahoe
- Valley of Fire State Park
- Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area
Las Vegas, Nevada Travel Guides
The city of Las Vegas is world famous for its gambling, shopping, entertainment, fine dining and of course, energetic nightlife.
But even if you are not a gambler, Vegas still offers plenty of things to do as well as decent weather for most of the year.
This 24 hour city is often included with road trips through nearby places such as California and Lake Tahoe.
- Best things to do in Las Vegas – A detailed guide featuring the 40 best things to do in Vegas both on and off the strip.
- Best Las Vegas hotels on the strip – Comprehensive guide to the 25 best Las Vegas strip hotels, including cheap and luxury favorites.
- Shows in Las Vegas – Check out 30 of the very best shows in Las Vegas broken down by comedy, magic, adult and family friendly options.
- Las Vegas in November – Planning to hit Vegas later in the year? Here are 10 important things you need to know when visiting in November.
- Las Vegas secret food tour – Looking for something different? This Secret Food Tour is a great way to try many Las Vegas celebrity chef dishes in just one day.
Las Vegas Day Trip Guides
If you are planning to visit Las Vegas, we recommend you consider at least one day trip from Sin City.
Depending on your preference, you can easily DIY your own Nevada day trip or let someone else do the work and book a tour.
- Las Vegas day trips – The 10 most popular day trip options from Las Vegas with all the details you need for your trip.
- Hoover Dam – A visit to the American Southwest is incomplete without a visit to the Hoover Dam. This complete guide will tell you everything you need to know when driving from Las Vegas.
- Seven Magic Mountains – Instagram helped to make this colorful art instillation in the desert extremely popular so don’t miss your chance to snap a photo.
- Guide to hiking Red Rock Canyon – The 10 best hikes at Red Rock Canyon which is less than 30 minutes from the Las Vegas strip.
Love hiking? Don’t miss our popular guide featuring the best hiking trails in the US.
Valley Of Fire State Park
While Valley of Fire State Park is a popular day trip choice from Las Vegas, we thought this gorgeous area deserved its own section on this Nevada guide.
- Best things to do in Valley of Fire – Complete guide to the very best things to do in Valley of Fire State Park including what you need to know when visiting from Las Vegas.
- How to hike Fire Wave – Exactly what to expect when hiking the stunning Fire Wave Trail in Valley of Fire State Park during sunrise.
When hiking in Valley of Fire, we always use Gaia GPS. You can use our special link to receive 20% off a Gaia GPS subscription.
Or want a different app? Be sure to check out the best trail apps for hiking to help you conquer those bucket list hikes in Nevada.
*Please note this page may contain affiliate links. If you click on one, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the free content we provide! Read more in our disclosure policy.*