New York Sightseeing Pass is one of the four major NYC attractions passes. This comprehensive review of the NY Sightseeing Pass will help you decide if a DAY or FLEX attraction pass is the best option for your visit to New York including a special discount!
We each used our own New York City Sightseeing Pass to visit many of the best things to do in NYC when we lived in the city.
Our goal is to explain everything you need to know about using the NY Sightseeing Pass to help you see the best of New York and save money.
In this NYC sightseeing pass review, we will show you:
- Why you should consider purchasing an NYC attractions pass
- Day versus attraction pass options with pros and cons
- Overview of how the NY Sightseeing Pass works
- Numerous charts comparing prices with our 10% discount
- Attractions and museums included on the pass with 2023 updates
- Money saving example with a NY Sightseeing Pass
- NY Sightseeing Pass compared to other New York passes
- How to make reservations with the pass and get around NYC
Now, let’s see if the NY Sightseeing Pass is the perfect attraction pass for your visit to New York!
2023 Update: All pass prices have been updated to reflect summer pricing and we have teamed up with Sightseeing Pass to offer our readers an exclusive 10% discount on both DAY and FLEX passes.
*Please note this post may contain affiliate links. If you click on one, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the free content we provide! Read more in our disclosure policy.*
Disclaimer: We received New York Sightseeing Passes in order to share our opinion about this product but this is not a sponsored post.
Our New York Sightseeing Pass Experience
Kristen is a New York State native and we have lived in NYC so you can consider us experts when it comes to the Empire State.
In April 2022, we both used a 3 DAY New York Sightseeing Pass to visit as many attractions as possible in the city ourselves. It was a whirlwind, but it was an amazing three days!
With our Sightseeing Pass in New York, we visited popular attractions such as:
- Top of the Rock
- Edge NYC
- One World Observatory
- Fotografiska NY
- Madame Tussauds New York
- The New York Botanical Garden
But we also used our NY Sightseeing Pass to visit exclusive attractions you will only receive on this pass such as:
- The Bronx Zoo
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral Tour
Using our personal experience with this popular NY pass, we will help you decide if the NYC sightseeing pass is worth it for your visit to the Big Apple.
Why Buy A New York City Attractions Pass?
Buying a NYC attractions pass will give you instant access to the most iconic New York museums, landmarks and observation decks at a heavily discounted price.
The more attractions you visit, the more discount you receive and the more money you save. We like to compare it to buying in bulk because the more you purchase, the more you save.
Buying any attraction pass in New York is perfect for first time visitors or anyone who has yet to experience the ‘touristy’ things in the city.
Types Of New York City Attraction Passes
Day based or attraction based passes are the two types of New York Sightseeing Passes you can buy with both options having pros and cons.
Let’s take a quick look at each type of pass:
Day Based Passes
A day based New York pass is purchased around the number of full days you wish to explore the best of NYC.
Day passes are best for visitors who want to see and do as much as possible in a short period of time.
There is no limit to the amount of attractions you can visit with a day pass, but the catch is you are limited by time. How many NYC attractions do you think you could visit in two, three or four days?
The New York Sightseeing DAY Pass is a day based pass that can be purchased for the time period of 1-10 days.
Here are the pros of using a NY Sightseeing DAY Pass:
- Unlimited attractions available (100+)
- Best way to save the most money in New York
- Great for a short NYC visit
Here are the cons of using a NY Sightseeing DAY Pass:
- Validity depends on amount of day purchased
- The days must be used in consecutive order
- You may feel rushed running around the city to make the most of your time
Attraction Based Passes
Now we are going to throw a wrench in the works. There are 2 different types of attraction passes you can purchase in New York:
- An attraction pass based on the exact number of attractions with the price going up incrementally each time you add another attraction
- An attraction pass with a set number of attractions at a set price point
With this type of pass, you are limited to the set number of attractions you purchase but you typically have plenty of time to visit each attraction.
The New York Sightseeing FLEX Pass is an attraction based pass that can be purchased for 2-12 attractions which includes prices increasing with with each attraction added.
Here are the pros of using a NY Sightseeing FLEX Pass:
- 60 day validity no matter how many attractions you purchase
- Complete control over what attractions you visit
- Good value for money if you want to take things slow
- The pass does not have to be used on consecutive days
- Great for a longer visit to NYC
Here are the cons of using a NY Sightseeing FLEX Pass:
- Set number of attractions may limit what you can see in NY
- This type of pass has less attractions compared to a DAY option
How Does The NYC Sightseeing Pass Work?
The New York City Sightseeing Pass can be purchased either as a day based (DAY) or attraction based (FLEX) pass, whereas certain competing New York pass companies are days or attractions only.
You can also purchase adult or child passes at checkout. The age range for a New York Sightseeing child pass is 3-12 years.
Let’s take a look at how each version works with NY Sightseeing Pass.
New York Sightseeing Day Pass – DAY Pass
Every company has a different name for their version of the NYC day based pass. Sightseeing Pass have called their day based option “DAY Pass“.
Here’s a step by step guide on exactly how to use the DAY pass:
- Head over to the NY Sightseeing Pass official website here
- Click DAY Pass in the top left and then Buy Now in the top right
- Select a DAY Pass for either 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 or 10 consecutive days
- Download your DAY Pass to your smartphone via the app
- Choose from 150+ NYC attractions
- Visit as many attractions as you want within your timeframe in NYC
- Simply show and scan your digital pass upon entry to each attraction
- Save up to 50% depending on which attractions you visit
New York Sightseeing Attractions Pass – FLEX Pass
Sightseeing Pass have called their attractions based option “FLEX Pass“.
Here’s a step by step guide on exactly how to use the attractions FLEX pass:
- Head over to the NY Sightseeing Pass official website here
- Click FLEX Pass in the top left and then Buy Now in the top right
- Select a FLEX Pass for either 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 10 or 12 attractions
- Download your FLEX Pass to your smartphone via the app
- Choose from 100+ NYC attractions
- Once you visit the first attraction, you then have 60 days to visit the remaining attractions
- Simply show and scan your digital pass upon entry to each attraction
- Save money after visiting just 2 attractions
Travel Tip: If you prefer to use a paper copy, you can also print out your pass to be scanned at attractions instead.
How Much Does The New York Sightseeing Pass Cost?
The NY Sightseeing pass price fluctuates heavily throughout the year due to demand and season.
But the good news is that no matter which general promotion Sightseeing Pass is running, you will always save an additional 10% with our links. Keep reading and you will see why!
Let’s take a closer look at how much it will cost you to buy each New York Sightseeing Pass in summer 2023:
New York Sightseeing DAY Pass Prices Summer 2023
Here is the same New York Sightseeing DAY Pass price list in text:
- 1 Day: Adult $149 – Child $116
- 2 Days: Adult $199 – Child $135
- 3 Days: Adult $239 – Child $170
- 4 Days: Adult $274 – Child $191
- 5 Days: Adult $304 – Child $211
- 6 Days: Adult $324 – Child $231
- 7 Days: Adult $344 – Child $256
- 10 Days: Adult $379 – Child $286
New York Sightseeing FLEX Pass Prices Summer 2023
Here is the same New York Sightseeing FLEX Pass price list in text:
- 2 Attractions: Adult $79 – Child $60
- 3 Attractions: Adult $109 – Child $85
- 4 Attractions: Adult $144 – Child $105
- 5 Attractions: Adult $169 – Child $124
- 6 Attractions: Adult $189 – Child $139
- 7 Attractions: Adult $209 – Child $155
- 10 Attractions: Adult $259 – Child $200
- 12 Attractions: Adult $289 – Child $220
Keep in mind prices change regularly for holiday weekends and seasonality throughout the year.
Travel Tip: Winter is generally the best time to purchase a NY Sightseeing Pass while summer will be the most expensive time of year. But our discounted links will save you money no matter what!
Where Are Those Morgans Exclusive 10% NY Sightseeing Pass Promo Code Discount
After using the various NYC attraction passes in the city ourselves, the NY Sightseeing Pass has come out on top as our favorite option.
We loved using a DAY pass to check off as many top attractions as possible and we think this pass is extremely easy to use while offering both flexibility as well as big savings.
So we have teamed up with Sightseeing Pass to offer our readers an exclusive 10% NY Sightseeing Pass discount.
Want To Save Money In NYC?
Use the button to claim a 10% discount off any NY Sightseeing Pass.
The images below show our exclusive NY Sightseeing pass discount code applied to both DAY and FLEX pass options respectively:
In order to make it easy for you to see how much you can save, below are the current summer prices compared with our NY sightseeing pass promo code discount side by side.
We are happy to tell you our New York sightseeing Pass discount will give you a better price than any general promotion throughout the year, so you will save even more money on your trip to New York City.
Summer 2023 Price Comparison
>> Ready to purchase your New York Sightseeing DAY Pass? Click here for our exclusive DAY pass discount!
>> Ready to purchase your New York Sightseeing FLEX Pass? Click here for our exclusive FLEX pass discount!
Remember, the comparison prices used above are updated for summer 2023.
The prices will rise and fall throughout the year, but you will always receive 10% off whatever the live price is at the time you purchase.
Important: You must use the links above to receive our New York Sightseeing Pass discount.
What Attractions Are Included With NY Sightseeing Pass?
Now you know the different types of pass you can buy and how much they cost, let’s take a look at the most popular attractions you can visit after buying a New York Sightseeing Pass.
Here are the top attractions included with the NY Sightseeing Pass (with prices if bought individually):
NYC Observation Decks Included With New York Sightseeing Pass
The best way to see the iconic New York City skyline is from above. All 5 of the observation decks in NYC have spectacular elevated views over the sprawling urban landscape.
Here are the observation decks includes with NY Sightseeing Pass:
- Empire State Building – Adult $44 / Child $38
- Top of the Rock – Adult $40 / Child $34
- Edge NYC – Adult $35 / Child $30
- One World Observatory – Adult $44 / Child $38
Keep in mind the prices listed above are only “starting from” prices.
Sunset time slots at most NYC observation decks typically cost an additional $10-15 per adult or child whether booking direct or using a pass.
Travel Tip: NY Sightseeing Pass holders can go up most observation decks at sunset for no extra cost.
But the catch is you cannot book timed entry reservations online (except for the Empire State Building) and lines will inevitably be longer at this peak time of day.
Arrive well in advance to ensure you make it up in time or visit early in the day to avoid the crowds.
Unfortunately, the newest NYC observation deck SUMMIT One Vanderbilt is currently not included on any NY Pass. So you will have to purchase this attraction ticket separately if you want to visit.
Interested in NYC observation decks? Don’t miss our popular guide comparing the best observation decks in New York City.
NYC Museums Included With New York Sightseeing Pass
You will find some of the world’s best museums in New York City.
Many museums are included on the New York Sightseeing Pass so be sure to check the full list of attractions included with the pass if you have a specific museum in mind.
Here are some of the top museums included with a NY Sightseeing Pass:
- American Museum of Natural History – Adult $28 / Child $16
- Guggenheim – Adult $25 / Free 12 and under
- Intrepid – Adult $36 / Child $26
- MoMA – Adult $25 / Free 16 and under
2023 Important 9/11 Museum Update
As of early 2023, the 9/11 Museum is no longer available on the NY Sightseeing Pass, but the Ride, Secrets of Statue of Liberty Tour and the Museum of Broadway are new additions to the pass.
Despite the 9/11 Museum not being available on the NY Sightseeing Pass, it still remains one of our top recommendations if you have never visited.
With our NY Sightseeing Pass discount included, you can use either a FLEX or DAY Pass to see your preferred attractions, then book 9/11 Museum separately and still save money compared to other passes.
You will also be able to reserve a timed entry ticket which is something you wouldn’t have been able to do with your pass so it certainly works to your advantage.
Unique NYC Museums
We like the New York Sightseeing Pass because not only does it include some of the most popular museums in NYC, but it also includes a few lesser known museums such as:
- Brooklyn Children’s Museum – 3 levels of fun for kids of all ages
- El Museo del Barrio – History and culture of Spanish Harlem
- Fraunces Tavern Museum – Famous for George Washington farewell address in 1783
- Museum at Eldridge Street – History of Jewish immigrant life
- South Street Seaport Museum – Learn about New York as a world trading hub
- Museum of Broadway – History of Broadway and new for 2023
If you have already visited the popular museums in NYC, we recommend you visit these other museums to learn more about the culture and history of the city.
Other Top Attractions Included With New York Sightseeing Pass
New York Sightseeing Pass includes over 100 diverse attractions in total, including exclusive Sightseeing Pass options and NYC Hop-On Hop-Off Buses.
- Circle Line Landmarks Cruise – Adult $34 / Child $28
- Statue of Liberty Ferry – Adult $31.50 / Child $19
- Hop On Hop Off Bus – Adult $72 / Child $63
You will also find dozens of guided walking tours around the city, botanical gardens, additional museums and unique attractions such as escape rooms, Rise NYC and Spyscape.
Travel Tip: If you are interested in taking the Statue of Liberty Ferry, please note this attraction is available only on the DAY pass and not the FLEX pass.
What Is The Catch With A NY Sightseeing Pass?
Like all things that save you money, there is a catch when purchasing a NY pass with a large amount of attractions.
The purpose of a NY Sightseeing Pass is to save money by bundling attractions and with our additional 10% discount, this is a great way to save even more money on your trip to NYC.
This pass honestly can save you a lot of cash, but the catch is that you will have to put in the work to make the most of your New York Sightseeing Pass.
Additionally, you cannot reserve timed entry tickets in advance for every single New York attraction.
We had no issues turning up to attractions and gaining immediate entry when we used our passes in April 2022 which included entry to Edge, One World Observatory and Top of the Rock.
But if you plan to visit in summer when tourism is at its peak, you will have to take this into consideration when planning your New York itinerary or you may have to contend with lines.
Therefore, it might be worth visiting outside of peak hours such as sunset to save time waiting in line for the attractions at which you can not book advanced timed reservations.
However with just a little bit of planning, you can honestly save a lot of money in NYC so you can spend it on a fancy meal or a swanky New York City hotel instead!
Travel Tip: Weekdays will be quieter than weekends and mornings will be quieter than evenings at most NYC attractions.
What About The Other New York Passes?
New York’s attraction passes are very similar and the names can be confusing. But once you take a deeper look at each option, you will notice subtle differences.
Let’s take a quick look at the 3 remaining NYC passes so you can compare how they work:
CityPASS have attractions passes in several of the major US cities.
The New York CityPASS is a very popular pass for first time visitors to NYC because it includes 5 out of 8 popular tourist attractions at a very competitive price point of $138.
In direct comparison, 5 attractions with the New York Sightseeing FLEX Pass is $152.10.
The main difference is you can choose all 5 attractions from over 100+ options with Sightseeing Pass for only an extra cost of $14.10 (with our discount code applied).
We’ve written a full New York CityPASS and C3 Pass review that you might want to read next.
Here is what you need to know about New York CityPASS:
- Attraction based pass with no option for a day pass
- 5 major NYC attractions in total
- 2 attractions are already included and non-negotiable
- You then choose 3 out of a possible 6 further options for a total of 5 attractions
- The 5 attraction pass is bought at a set price of $138
CityPASS also has a “light” version of their New York pass called the New York C3 Pass. This allows you to choose any 3 of 11 available options for $96.
Head over to New York CityPASS official website here for more information.
2. Go City New York
Go City have attractions passes in several major cities around the world.
The Go City New York Pass is set up almost identically to New York Sightseeing Pass. Go City has a day based pass called “All Inclusive Pass” and an attractions based pass called “Explorer Pass“.
Here is what you need to know about Go City New York:
- Choose either an attraction or day based pass
- Prices go up incrementally the more attractions or days you add
- Use either pass in the same way as New York Sightseeing Pass
Head over to Go City New York official website here for more information.
3. The New York Pass
The New York Pass is owned by Go City and it is essentially the exact same as Go City’s day pass version. Prices and attractions are almost identical to the Go City day pass, and there are no attraction based passes available.
Here is what you need to know about the New York Pass:
- Choose how many days you want to have unlimited access to attractions
- Prices go up incrementally the more days you add
We can’t find any major differences between “The New York Pass” and the “Go City New York All-Inclusive Pass” besides the different attractions offered.
Head over to The New York Pass official website here for more information.
Want to see more about each individual New York Pass? Read our very popular New York pass comparison guide next.
Why Choose New York Sightseeing Pass Over The Competition?
Now you know the New York passes are very similar, so why would you choose to buy a New York Sightseeing Pass over a CityPASS or Go City pass?
Well, we think New York Sightseeing Pass offers an easy to use pass with the most flexibility and big savings. You have total control over exactly what you see and when you see it.
After using Sightseeing Pass, CityPASS and Go City Pass in cities throughout the world, we have to say the customer service and overall experience has been best with Sightseeing Pass.
Normally, our advice would be to check prices for both New York Sightseeing Pass and Go City Pass to see which has the cheaper option for a day based pass or attraction based pass at the time of your visit to NYC.
However, now that we have an exclusive 10% discount on both the DAY and FLEX pass, the New York Sightseeing Pass has the best value for money.
Save 10% On Your NY Sightseeing PASS
Use the button to receive our discount on a DAY or FLEX NY Sightseeing Pass.
Cost Per Attraction
CityPASS is cheaper per attraction vs Sightseeing Pass or Go City Pass, but CityPASS is limited to the few available attractions.
You will pay slightly more for 5 attractions with NY Sightseeing Pass or Go City New York Pass but you have over 80-100+ attractions to choose from and the more attractions you add, the more money you will save.
If you want to visit the 5 attractions included with CityPASS, buy that pass at the cheaper rate. However, if you want have more flexibility with your 5 attractions, buy the Sightseeing Pass with our discount.
What if you don’t want to limit yourself to 5 attractions?
This is the beauty of the New York Sightseeing FLEX Pass because it allows you to choose exactly how many attractions you want to visit from as few as 2 to as many as 12.
Alternatively, you can choose a NY Sightseeing DAY Pass and have no limit on number of attractions. The only limit is how quickly you explore!
Exclusive Attractions And Add Ons
One of the major reasons to buy a New York Sightseeing Pass over a Go City Pass, the main competitor, is the exclusive attractions available with Sightseeing Pass.
NY Sightseeing Pass exclusive attractions include:
- Bronx and Central Park Zoo
- New York Aquarium
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral Tour
- Museum of Broadway
- LoL Comedy Lounge and Comedy Lounge Magic
- National Lighthouse Museum
- Potion making at the The Cauldron NYC
If you are looking for the best things to do in New York City with kids, the addition of the NY Aquarium and both zoos might help tip your decision towards the Sightseeing Pass.
The Bronx Zoo is enormous and certainly worth visiting if you have more days to fill on your New York City itinerary.
Another great reason to use the NY Sightseeing Pass is access to special offers all throughout the city. One of the most popular offers is a discount on a NYC helicopter tour!
Special Offers and Add Ons:
- Edge City Climb only $165 instead of $201
- $70 off Charm Manhattan Helicopter Tour
- 10% off Escape Game New York
- 20% off one item at H&M at Hudson Yards
- Go Airlink airport shuttle transfer
- 10% off Bounce Luggage Storage
- Discounts in Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s
To see the full list of exclusive attractions and special extras, click here to visit the official NY Sightseeing Pass website.
Want to see NYC from above? Don’t miss our popular guide featuring the best helicopter tours in New York City.
New York Sightseeing Pass Money Saving Example
Let’s take a quick look at an example of how much money you can save using a New York Sightseeing Pass with our exclusive discount vs paying for the most popular individual attractions when visiting NYC.
Below is an example attraction itinerary for 4 days in New York City with the cheapest possible individual adult prices for each (correct for summer 2023).
- Statue of Liberty Ferry – $24.50
- Madame Tussauds – $43.99
- Empire State Building – $44.00
- Circle Line Landmarks Cruise – $30.00
- MoMA – $25.00
- One World Observatory – $44.00
- American Museum of Natural History – $28.00
- Spyscape – $39.00
- Edge NYC – $35.00
- Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum – $36.00
- New York Botanical Garden – $35.00
- Top of the Rock – $40.00
The total cost of 12 popular individual attractions for this example itinerary is $424.49 (pre taxes + service fees, therefore closer to $500.00 after taxes and fees).
Be aware that the base prices listed above are subject to taxes and in some instances, service fees or handling fees are additionally charged when booking attractions individually.
In this summer 2023 example, we used Top of the Rock. The base price of a ticket is $40, but then as you add on the additional cost for visiting at sunset, the processing fee and the taxes, the actual cost is $63.55.
Now let’s compare the total individual price with the cost of each New York Sightseeing Pass with our discount and all taxes included:
- Total cost of 12 attractions with no pass: $424.49
- A New York Sightseeing FLEX Pass with 12 attractions + our discount is $260.00.
- A New York Sightseeing DAY Pass for 4 days + our discount is $246.00.
Now, if you prefer to take things slowly like in the example above, you can purchase a FLEX Pass and visit just 3 attractions per day at a saving of $164.49 per adult.
However, if you like to go fast and feel like you could easily get through more than 3 attractions each day, choose the DAY Pass.
You can do all 12 attractions listed above plus many more at a saving of $178.49 per adult (not including any additional attractions you visit within the 4 days timeframe).
Remember, taxes and some additional fees will also be added on to the individual prices which means you would be saving even more money than we have listed above.
These passes really work and the more you see, the more you save, especially with our New York Sightseeing Pass discount!
Love New York City? You might like our roundup of famous and popular NYC quotes which make great captions for your trip!
How To Make Timed Reservations With NY City Sightseeing Pass
Whether you decide to buy a New York Sightseeing DAY Pass or FLEX Pass, you will be able to download the pass directly to your smartphone and enter attractions directly at the door.
However, certain New York attractions require a timed entry reservation, which is separate to the Sightseeing Pass reservation.
How To Book Time Slots With New York Sightseeing Pass
Here is what you need to do to book a timed entry reservation for specific attractions in New York City:
- Head over to the official website for NY Sightseeing Pass
- Select either DAY Pass or FLEX Pass
- Navigate to Attractions
- Find each attraction you want to visit and see if it has a timed entry requirement
- Follow the instructions provided online to book your time slot – see image below
Travel Tip: When a timed entry reservation is required, you must show both your Sightseeing Pass and timed entry reservation upon arrival.
Review: Is It Worth Buying The New York Sightseeing Pass?
Yes, the New York Sightseeing Pass is well worth buying if you want to save money on your visit to NYC.
All of the New York attractions passes will save you money but we think Sightseeing Pass is better suited for:
- First time visitors
- Families with kids
- Museum lovers
- Visitors who want to see it all
Plus, with our special NY Sightseeing Pass discount code you can save an additional 10% to spend somewhere else in the city!
The exclusive attractions for the NY Sightseeing Pass include both the Bronx and Central Park Zoo as well as the NY Aquarium. These are great activities for kids and families.
The NY Sightseeing FLEX Pass can also be good for locals because this pass is valid for 60 days. With this extended validity, you can take your time checking off New York’s top or lesser known attractions.
DAY Versus FLEX NY Sightseeing Pass
Here are the main differences you should consider when purchasing the DAY versus FLEX Sightseeing Pass.
The New York Sightseeing DAY Pass is perfect for first time visitors who want to see everything in NYC.
This pass option is best for those who want to experience many New York attractions over a short period of time. You can choose from 150+ attractions in New York City and there are no limitations.
If your goal is to visit as much as possible, you should purchase a NY Sightseeing DAY pass because it will save you the most money and it works best for those who want to explore the city all day.
The New York Sightseeing FLEX Pass is better suited to return visitors to New York who have already seen the top attractions or those who want to take their time exploring the city.
We also think the FLEX Pass is great for locals because this pass grants you entry to some of the more obscure or unique attractions that you may have yet to experience.
With this pass option, you will have 60 days to visit all of the attractions on your pass so you have plenty of time cross off those NY bucket list attractions.
However, there are a few limitations to the FLEX Pass because there are only 100+ attractions on this pass compared to the 150+ attractions on the DAY pass.
Select Attractions On Each Pass
If you are planning to visit a certain New York attraction, be sure to check the attractions lists to ensure that individual attraction is included on the pass you intend to purchase.
These are attractions only included on the DAY pass:
- Statue of Liberty + Ellis Island Round Trip Ferry Tour
These are attractions only included on the FLEX pass:
- Buffalo Wild Wings Brooklyn – Free Prix-Fixe menu ($25) with ice cream for dessert
- Legoland Discovery Center New Jersey
How To Buy Your New York Sightseeing Pass
Buying your New York Sightseeing Pass is easy:
- Follow this link to the official website for New York Sightseeing Pass
- Choose DAY or FLEX pass
- Click Buy Now
- Select how many days or attractions you would like
- Select number of adult and / or child tickets
- Hit checkout and enjoy your fun filled trip to New York City!
Getting Around New York City
In addition to walking tours or bout tours, you will also have access to these transportation links with New York Sightseeing Pass:
- Go Airlink Airport Shuttle
- Big Bus Classic Tour – Downtown and Uptown loops
The Go Airlink airport shuttle is now included with both the NY Sightseeing DAY and FLEX Pass. This shuttle will provide transfers both to and from New York airports. To make a reservation for the shuttle, you must call 212-812-9000.
The Big Bus Classic Tour is valid for 1 Day. This tour includes the Manhattan Uptown and Downtown loops and will count as an attraction visit. These loops will stop at various point of interests throughout NYC.
How To Visit Each Attraction On Your Pass
While Big Bus and CitySightseeing bus tours are a popular NYC attraction, they might not be the best option for transportation depending on the pass you purchase.
For example, when we used our NY Sightseeing DAY pass, we could average about three attractions a day if we used the Subway to get around the city.
We do not recommend solely relying on these bus tours as your means of transportation around NYC because you will be limited by bus schedules and traffic.
We recommend you use the subway or walk to get around the city if you want to visit as many NY attractions as possible with a DAY pass.
However, if you have a FLEX pass and only want to visit one attraction per day, using these buses as your mode of transport will be okay.
Need Help Planning Your Visit To NYC?
NYC is a trip planning beast and it can be overwhelming trying to get every aspect right.
After living in New York City, we created a comprehensive NYC travel guidebook that will answer every question you have about where to stay, what to do, where to eat and how to get around the city.
Click see details below to read more about how we can help you plan your dream trip to New York City!
And that’s everything you need to know about the New York Sightseeing Pass!
We hope our detailed New York Sightseeing Pass review has been helpful so you can make a decision on how to best explore New York City during your visit.
Don’t forget to take advantage of our exclusive NY Sightseeing Pass discount to save money during your trip!
New York Sightseeing Pass FAQ’s
Let’s finish by taking a quick look at the most asked questions about the NY Sightseeing Pass.
As of March 1st 2022, the Metropolitan Museum of Art is no longer included on the New York Sightseeing Pass or any other NYC attractions pass.
Use our exclusive New York Sightseeing Pass discount code to save a significant amount of money on your trip to NYC.
Having used all of the NY passes in the city ourselves, we think the New York Sightseeing Pass is an easy to use pass offering huge savings and flexibility. This pass is one of the best ways to save money when visiting NYC and don’t miss our New York Sightseeing Pass discount!
Our Popular NYC Guides
- Attractions – Best things to do and see in NYC
- Itinerary – Amazing 4 day New York City itinerary
- Photography – 60+ Stunning NYC photography spots
- Hotels – Where to stay when visiting New York City
- Winter – How to visit New York City in winter
- Passes – Is a New York City attractions pass worth it?
- Observation Decks – Which NYC observation deck is best?
- Museums – Top rated museums in New York City to visit
- Pizza – Best pizza joints in all 5 NYC boroughs
- Bagels – Where to eat amazing bagels in NYC
- Spring – Guide to visiting New York City in April
More NYC Guides
- Downtown NYC – Fun things to do in Lower Manhattan
- Statue of Liberty – Complete guide to the Statue of Liberty Ferry
- Brooklyn Bridge – Guide to walking Brooklyn Bridge at night
- Edge at Hudson Yards – How to visit Edge at Hudson Yards in NYC
- SUMMIT One Vanderbilt – How to visit SUMMIT One Vanderbilt
- Empire State Building – First timers guide to the Empire State Building
- Top of the Rock – Guide to visiting Top of the Rock in Rockefeller Center
- One World Observatory – How to visit One World Trade Center
- TOR vs. ESB – Should you visit Top of the Rock or the Empire State Building?
Want more New York City content? Head to our New York Travel Guides to explore more from the Big Apple as well as beautiful upstate NY.
We hope this New York Sightseeing Pass review helps with planning your trip to NYC!
Please let us know if you have any questions about the New York Sightseeing DAY or FLEX Pass in the comments below.
Don’t forget to use our exclusive New York Sightseeing Pass discount to see the top attractions in NYC!
Mark and Kristen
Enjoy This NY Sightseeing Pass Review? Pin It For Your Visit!