Welcome to Vermont, the Green Mountain State. This is where you will find all of our Vermont Travel Guides!
Vermont is located in the northeastern quadrant of the United States within the New England region, bordered by Massachusetts, New York, New Hampshire and Canada.
This is the 6th smallest state by area and the only state in New England that does not border the Atlantic Ocean.
Population: About 640,000
Time Zone: Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Vermont Travel Highlights
Vermont is known for its natural beauty, especially the areas surrounding the Green Mountains. In this state you will find scenic hiking trails, breathtaking landscapes, wooden bridges as well as plenty of skiing and snowboarding.
If you are a foodie, be sure to indulge in home made maple syrup, cheddar cheese as well as Ben and Jerry’s ice cream.
There are no National Parks in Vermont, but there is a National Historic Park and many State Parks worth visiting.
Popular Parks In Vermont:
- Quechee State Park
- Smugglers’ Notch State Park (Mount Mansfield)
- Marsh-Billings-Rockefeller National Historical Park
Popular Places To Travel In Vermont:
- Lake Champlain
- Various year-round ski resorts
- Green Mountain National Forest
- Bennington Battle Monument and Museum
Keep in mind this small list just scratches the surface, but you can read about more things to do in Vermont here.
Need a travel itinerary? Shop our Travel Guidebooks.
Best Cities To Visit In Vermont
There are numerous cities in Vermont worth adding to your travel bucket list. We love the charming towns and villages in this state which boast stunning historical buildings.
Below we have listed our popular things to do in guides from beautiful cities within the Green Mountain state:
- Best things to do in Burlington – Hugging the Eastern shores of Lake Champlain, this is the most visited town in Vermont.
- Fun things to do in Manchester – This small yet attractive town is located in the heart of Southern Vermont’s beautiful Green Mountain National Forest.
- Adventurous things to do in Woodstock – This tiny town epitomizes a captivating and quintessential New England village.
- Stunning things to do in Stowe – This quaint town is located at the base of Mount Mansfield, the tallest peak in the enchanting Green Mountains and the entire state of Vermont.
Stunning Fall Foliage
Autumn in New England is magical. The northeast is a prime location for leaf peeping and a trip we highly recommend you experience at least once in your lifetime.
- Fall road trip itinerary in New England – 10 amazing stops to add to your adventure.
- Covered bridges in Vermont – Stunning and unique bridges scattered throughout the state.
When hiking in Vermont, we always use Gaia GPS. You can use our special link to receive 20% off a Gaia GPS subscription.
Or want a different app? Be sure to check out the best hiking trail apps to help you conquer those bucket list hikes in Vermont.
*Please note this page may contain affiliate links. If you click on one, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the free content we provide! Read more in our disclosure policy.*
More Vermont Travel Guides
10 Fun Things To Do In Vermont: Best Places To Visit In VT
New England Fall Road Trip Itinerary: 10 Stunning Stops
10 Best Things To Do In Burlington VT In 2023
15 Best Things To Do In Manchester VT
15 Best Things To Do In Woodstock, Vermont
15 Best Things To Do In Stowe Vermont In 2023
Covered Bridges In Vermont: 7 Stunning And Unique Bridges