Welcome to Spain. This is where you will find all of our Spain Travel Guides!
Spain is a country located in southwestern Europe bordered by France to the north and Portugal to the west.
Capital City: Madrid
Population: About 47 million
Time Zone: Central European Time (CET) and Central European Summer Time (CEST)
Spain Travel Highlights
Spain is a wonderfully diverse country for tourism. You can visit Madrid for a taste of Spanish big city living or head to popular Barcelona to mix the city with beaches and the Mediterranean.
National Parks In Spain:
Since 1918, Spain has been dedicated to preserving lands as National Parks and there are a total of 16 beautiful parks to visit in this country.
Below you will find the popular National Parks in Spain including what makes each park special:
- Doñana National Park – Popular for birdwatching
- Garajonay National Park – Prehistoric forests
- Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park – Hiking opportunities
- Picos de Europa National Park – Stunning mountain hikes
- Sierra de Guadarrama National Park – One hour from Madrid
- Sierra Nevada National Park – Near Granada and good for winter sports
- Teide National Park – Europe’s most visited National Park
Popular Places To Travel In Spain:
Our favorite hike is close to Granada in a small town called Monachil. The hike is known as Los Cahorros and it has an Indiana-Jones feel to it.
Just be careful you don’t get too accustomed to siestas!
*Please note this page may contain affiliate links. If you click on one, we may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Thank you for supporting the free content we provide! Read more in our disclosure policy.*